Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 7- Kraft Fantasy Fudge

This was my first, and possibly last time to make fudge. I followed the recipe on the back of the marshmallow creme jar, thinking it would be a snap, because well, the directions were simple enough. But.. I had the bright idea to switch out one of the ingredients, and I think that may have contributed to this fudge's pain-in-the-rear status. It called for a can of evaporated milk, but I usually replace recipes that call for evaporated milk with sweetened condensed milk (to richen the flavor). This time, I don't think it was the best idea. While it worked, and the fudge tasted good, it was extremely hard to bring to a boil, which made it difficult to completely melt the sugar, therefore the fudge ended up with a bit of a grainy texture.

So...if you have an easy fudge recipe (I think I've even heard of making it in the microwave???) PLEASE let me know and I will try it next year!

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love baked for me....

Kraft "Fantasy Fudge"


  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 small can (5oz) evaporated milk
  • 12 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 jar jet-puffed marshmallow creme
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and marshmallow creme, stir until well melted. Add nuts and vanilla. Pour into 9 inch pan and let cool completely. 

**note, I do not recommend substituting sweetened condensed milk for the evaporated milk!**








No comments:

Post a Comment