Thursday, February 9, 2012

Make Your Own Picture Cards for Valentine's Day



I'm so sad that I am just now taking advantage of Picnik.com. This very awesome website lets you edit your photos and so much more for FREE! Unfortunately, the website is closing in April...Sad, sad, sad! Since they're closing in a few months, you can no longer create an account, but you can still upload your photos, edit them and save them straight to your computer.

My original idea for my Valentine's Day card was to take pics of Jack with lipstick prints that I put on him. Um, yeah...that didn't work out so well. Here is an original pic with my lipstick prints. He looks like he has some kind of rare disease! Poor baby! Not to mention, a busy baby + red lipstick + white pillows as a background = no bueno.


Enter Picnik to the rescue. I photoshopped my smudges off and added some much better lipstick graphics from Picnik. Then I added text and about 15 minutes later I had my Valentine's Day card made. Next, I saved it to my computer, sent it to Walgreens.com, ordered my prints and an hour later they were in my hot little hands! Can't get much easier than that!

I dressed my cards up a little, but they would be adorable sent as just the picture too!!

What You Need:

Cardstock
Paper-cutter
Mounting squares or double sided tape
A corner hole punch (If you don't have one of these, just use the cardstock by itself)



1. Trim cardstock to fit your pictures. I trimmed mine into 5 1/2 x 6 inch rectangles. Punch corners with decorative hole punch.



2. Use mounting squares or double sided tape to mount your picture.


3. On the back I wrote Jack's full name, age and the year.



I used red envelopes that I found from some old Christmas cards I never used. If you don't have envelopes, you can buy them at craft stores. I know I'll be taking full advantage of Picnik until April, I hope you'll check it out too!

Don't forget to check back later this weekend for more Valentine ideas!







No comments:

Post a Comment