Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Funny Valentine

I was at a friend's birthday party a few weeks ago where the hostess had set up a photo booth. It was too much fun dressing up in silly props and taking photos for the birthday boy's album (mind you, this was an adult only party). One of the favorite props was a mustache on a stick, which seems to be all the rage these days. (You know, "I 'mustache' you a question..." haha...)

So, when I came across this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make these as Valentines for my second grade class. I figured if us adults had fun with the silly props, my students would love them. I found this picture on Pinterest, but couldn't find a link for templates and directions, so I did some "Googling" and found free templates, then recreated the lollypops myself. 


What You'll Need:



* Red (or pink) and brown (or black) stiffened felt

*Tootsie Pops (I used the cherry Valentine assortment) 



1. Print templates on cardstock and cut out.



2. Trace template with a marker onto felt.



3. Cut out felt shapes.


4. Using sharp scissors, make a hole on the traced side-up of the felt.


5. Insert lollypop stick on the traced side of the felt.


6. Flip lollypop over where the clean side of the felt is showing.


I know my students will love these funny Valentines! Be sure to check back later this week for more  Valentine ideas.

1 comment:

  1. very interesting blog,nice information.your work is very excellent.
    Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete