Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Activities for Kids

This will be my second year hosting Thanksgiving at my house. We have several kids in our family, age 3-7, so this year I thought it would be fun to set up a craft for the kiddos to work on after we've eaten. I got this idea from Pinterest and also did it with my second graders. It turned out super cute and I can't wait to do it with my little cousins on Thanksgiving Day!

Pinecone Turkeys



What You'll Need:
- Pinecones
-Brown Felt (you can also use brown pompoms)
- Google Eyes
- Red Pipe-cleaner
- Construction Paper
-Scissors
-Hot Glue
-Elmer's Glue

I freehand drew a turkey head on the brown felt. Add the eyes and twist the pipe-cleaner like a corkscrew for the waddle. Cut orange construction paper into a small diamond and fold in half for the beak. Cut small feathers from various colored construction paper and have the kids write something they're thankful for on each feather. You can use hot glue for everything, but I used Elmer's for the eyes, beak, and feathers and hot glued everything else. Just make sure if you use Elmer's, you're generous with it. These little turkeys will make great centerpieces for the kid's table at Thanksgiving lunch! 

Here are some that my second graders made:



I also found this printable coloring placemat for my Thanksgiving kid's table (again, thanks Pinterest). It will keep the kids busy while they're waiting on lunch!


To find this FREE printable, as well as other cute Thanksgiving printables, click on the image above. 



No comments:

Post a Comment