Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Much Fun!

I saw this idea for puffy snowmen on Pinterest and knew I had to try it out with my 2nd grade class. It turned out to be "snow" much fun (sorry, but I just can't resist a good pun!) I will most definitely store this craft in my files and do it with Jack when he's a little older. It's a great craft to do with your kids on a rainy day or anytime really. It's a little messy, but trust me, you will have as much fun making this craft as your kids do!


What You'll Need:


Regular glue, foam (not gel) shaving cream (You could also add food coloring to make colored pictures. I think making a rainbow would be super cute.)


Instructions:


Mix equal parts glue and shaving cream. We used plastic forks to spread it, but you could use paint brushes, or even your fingers if you really wanted to get into it! The concoction dries puffy- it's too cool!



These are some my students made. 
We used ribbon, construction paper and google eyes for the accessories. 



I recommend reading Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Buehner to go along with this activity. It's one of my winter favorites. I had my second graders write a creative story about their snowmen coming to life. They turned out so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment