Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake


We had company over the weekend and decided to serve fajitas for dinner. To keep with a Mexican theme, I decided to make a sopapilla cheesecake for dessert. It's more of a cheesecake roll type dessert than actual cheesecake. While there are many recipes out there, I decided to go with one from the Pillsbury site. This would also make an excellent breakfast dish- I know I certainly enjoyed the leftovers with my coffee this morning! 



Ingredients:

16 oz cream cheese
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet (*Note: I could not find these, so I used regular Pillsbury crescent rolls)
1 cup sugar, plus 1/2 cup
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:

1. Unroll one can of the crescent rolls into a 9 x 13 pan. 

2. Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla and 1 cup sugar and spread over the first layer of crescent rolls.

3. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls over the cream cheese mixture.

4. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

5. Pour the melted butter over the top layer of crescent rolls and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top.

6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



Warning: You might have to pour dish soap on this after your first bite in order to stop yourself from eating the whole thing- it's that good!











1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the contribution.
    It has been very useful, I was looking for something similar,greetings and thanks.

    ReplyDelete