On the third day of Christmas my true love baked for me...
- 1 box vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Powdered sugar for rolling
1. Crush vanilla wafers in food processor. Separately, chop pecans in food processor.
2. Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
3. Stir together bourbon and corn syrup until well blended. Stir together bourbon mixture and wafer mixture. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in extra powdered sugar. Cover and chill up to 2 weeks.
These no-bake treats are like dessert and after dinner drinks rolled (literally) into one. They certainly pack a punch and would be great to take to a holiday party. Just be sure kids know they're for adults only!
And on the fourth day of Christmas my true love baked for me...
Bourbon Cheesecake Brownies
- 4 (1oz) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup bourbon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour (or use the nifty Pam for baking like I did) a 9 inch square pan.
2. Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on high 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Whisk in brown sugar and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla, salt, and 1 cup flour. Spread half of batter in prepared pan.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth; add 2 tablespoons flour and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add bourbon and remaining 1 egg, beating until blended.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture and top with remaining brownie batter. Swirl together.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
*Note* My hubby asked for these to be served cold, so I cooled them in the fridge and they were really good that way!
These brownies seemed cakey at first (because I tested them before they were completely cooled), but after I tried them again when they were refrigerated, they were dense and rich and divine! There is a very subtle bourbon flavor that gives them a little something extra.