Saturday, December 17, 2011

Monkey Bread

My mom hosted a beautiful breakfast for the ladies in my family this morning and I decided to make some monkey bread. It was my first time making it, but it will not be my last. It was super easy, super tasty and really fun to eat too :-) I did a search on Pinterest for monkey bread and there were hundreds of pins, but I chose this one because I thought it was the prettiest. Good reason right?

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love baked for me...


Monkey Bread

You'll Need:
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup melted butter - equal to one stick butter
  • 3 10 ounce packages of buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle nuts in bottom of Bundt pan. In a side bowl or shallow dish, combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Cut each biscuit section into quarters & roll each section in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Layer pieces in the bottom of the pan , building rows until all pieces are layered.  Combine melted butter and brown sugar and pour mixture over the dough. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and puffy. Cool pan for 10 minutes. Invert bread onto cake stand and serve.







And a couple of pics from my mom's breakfast spread...









No comments:

Post a Comment