Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Peppermint Oreo Truffles

This time last year I hosted a cookie exchange for my fabulous friends. I'll never forget that day. Afterall, it was the day I was introduced to Oreo balls, and a girl doesn't soon forget a day like that now does she? I really wish I was having another cookie exchange this year, but unfortunately, with so much going on, it just didn't work out. So... I thought I'd make Oreo balls as one of my 12 days of baking. I decided to put a little holiday spin on them by adding the peppermint garnish. I got the idea from Starbuck's peppermint brownie cake pops. These. Are. So. Easy! And only 4 ingredients... Enjoy!

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love (non) baked for me...

Peppermint Oreo Truffles


  • 1 package double stuffed Oreos
  • 1 package vanilla coating (you could also use white chocolate)
  • 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
Chop Oreos finely in a food processor. Mix cookies with the softened cream cheese. (I started with a spoon, but honestly it's easiest to hand mix.) Roll into 1 inch balls and freeze for 15 minutes. Melt vanilla coating according to package directions, dip chilled Oreo balls in coating. Sprinkle with peppermint candy and let the coating set. Refrigerate.






No comments:

Post a Comment