Thursday, October 20, 2011

DIY Personalized Wine Glasses

Drinking wine is just more fun when your glass is personalized, don't you think? This is yet another idea I found on Pinterest and I thought it would be fun to make them for my girls' night in tomorrow. They turned out super cute and were really simple and quick to make.

You will need wine glasses, chalkboard paint (did you know they make it in fun colors like pink and green too?), a fine paintbrush and regular Scotch tape.


Wrap a small piece of tape around the base of the wine glass and fold the corners down for easy removal.


Paint 2 coats of chalkboard paint. The bottle says to allow for 24 hour drying period in between, but I only waited about 30 mins and it worked fine. Let the final coat dry overnight.


Cute and fun!


Note: The instructions on the paint say to "season" the painted surface with chalk before using, so I just scribbled some on and rubbed it in before writing on them.

PS: Be sure to check back sometime this weekend for all of the pics and recipes from my "Girls' Night In" crafting party!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment