Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mason Jar Obsessed!

I don't know why, but I find myself quite infatuated with Mason jars. Perhaps it's the nostalgia of a quaint country kitchen, perhaps it's memories of my grandma's yummy canned jams, jellys and pickles, or maybe it's just their simplicity that makes them so lovely. Whatever the reason, I find them perfectly charming and am always looking for creative ways to use them in my decor. I have found some really great ideas on Pinterest (speaking of obsessions) and can't wait to try them out.

Today I decided to use them as a part of my Halloween decor, using candy corn. I took an assortment of sizes and filled them a little less than halfway with candy corn, then set a tea-light candle on top. I'm displaying mine on my front porch, though I haven't decided exactly where yet. First I tried them between two chairs, clustered together on an outdoor coffee table. Then I experimented with them lined and clustered on a bench. I think they look really inviting on the coffee table, especially when lit, but I will continue playing around with them tomorrow. I also think they would be really cute in a kitchen window sill or on the kitchen table. Another idea I had was to tie some twine around the tops of the jars, which I may do later. Here are some of the ways I tried displaying them tonight. It was getting dark out, so the pictures aren't the best. Suggestions welcome!






3 comments:

  1. Susie,
    I share your mason jar obsession. I even used them to display table flowers at our wedding!
    Love your blog. I started one, too (to help update the family about Lily), but I think you could teach me a few things.
    Will we get to see you at Christmas? I hope so! We will be there December 19-25.
    Aloha
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be that was beautiful! And thank you, I am going to add you to my blog list so I can keep up with that gorgeous little miss! I definitely think we will make it a point to see you all. These cousins need to meet! Looking forward :)

    ReplyDelete