Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Festival

Today I had the best day with Jack- it was Pumpkin Festival day! I think I've been looking forward to this day since I found out I was pregnant. This morning I woke up singing pumpkin songs (bright and early at 5am- why don't little people understand sleeping in on weekends??) and even had pumpkin cookies for breakfast (what? It's practically like a holiday in my book...) Unfortunately though, my little pumpkin woke up on the wrong side of the bed and did not share in my enthusiasm. He has a little cold, so he wasn't feeling quite like his cheery self. But, despite that I still dressed his cute little bottom up and headed out bright and early- yes, I'm that mom. As we pulled in I was giddy with excitement, and daddy and Jack...eh, not so much. Pumpkin painting, hayride, corn maze, roasted corn, build a scarecrow, oh my! Just as I was about to get carried away, Jeremy quickly pointed out that we were there for 2 things: pictures and a ginormo pumpkin (details on that later). Way to rain on my parade...but next year, he better plan on making a whole day of it. Even though Jack didn't give me many smiles for my pictures, we still got some decent ones and ran into an old friend and her baby, which was an added bonus!





After the pumpkin patch and a nap, Jack and I made Halloween cards using his little handprint as a friendly ghost. This was yet another idea I saw on Pinterest. I love handprint art!






No comments:

Post a Comment