Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sausage Bread

This recipe is from my Aunt Mary and it is just decadent. She made some for me last week and I have been craving more ever since. My original intent was to bake for Jack's daycare teachers and my team, but I didn't double the recipe, so I didn't have enough to go around for everyone. Lesson learned...next time, I will definitely double the recipe. In my opinion, this bread is best served hot from the oven, so I prepared everything the night before and just popped them in the oven the next morning before work. Trust me, once you make this, it will become a favorite among those that you share it with!


1 lb hot sausage, 1/2 c green onions, 1/2 c parmesan cheese, 1/2 c Swiss cheese, 1/4 c canned japalenos (optional), 1 tsp salt, 2/3 c milk, 2 1/2 c Bisquick mix, 1 tsp butter (melted)


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brown sausage and onions together.


Drain extra fat.


Mix all other ingredients together.


I tried being neat and using a fork to mix this at first, but in the end you just need to wash your hands and have a little fun getting messy- otherwise you may be mixing with a fork for awhile. 


I rolled mine into balls, but you can also put into mini or regular muffin pans or a bread pan.


Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. The key to these is not to overcook or they will be very dry. And like I said, you may want to double the recipe because they go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment